Show me the way to go home

As we stagger home after an evening at the delightfully fragrant Mrs Putter's, the road is illuminated by Mr Champagne-Charlie's head torch.

He is whacked across the head by his wife, Bubble, for talking far too loudly at one o'clock in the morning and then the torch suddenly switches to night-sights-red. Wild animals cower in the hedge as he sways from side to side. An owl is just about to hoot and then thinks better of it.

'Fancy a snifter, chap?' Mr Champagne-Charlie says to Mr Grigg when we get back to our front door.

We decline, politely, and then find out the next day they were up until half past three drinking sloe gin.

'Were the Griggs with you?' Mrs Putter asks Champagne-Charlie.

'Not sure,' he says. 'Can't remember. I can't even remember getting home.'

It is a joy for me to be the only sober one in the party, for once in my life.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Sober is good for starting out a new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a good thing to have one person in the group who can recall what really happened - for the police report, you know....after the party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day