Fungus the Bogeyman

Mr Grigg comes back from his thrice-weekly walk up Bluebell Hill.

He is carrying a white handkerchief, knotted at the edges.

'Today,' he says, 'I am mostly Fungus the Bogeyman. Look what I've brought for you.'

He unfurls his (fortunately) clean hanky and the most wonderful thing rolls out.

Even I know it's the most prized wild mushroom you are ever likely to find.

So I present to you, ladies and gentleman, the famous Bluebell Hill Penny Bun, better known as the Cep. Or, to be precise, Boletus edulis. And by the way, I've just eaten it and it tasted delicious.


That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day