Happy Halloween from The Enchanted Village

A hollowed-out pumpkin, with an evil grin and squinty eyes, glows in the window of the house next door.

Mr Champagne-Charlie sits behind the letter box, armed with a bucket of sweets and wearing a gorilla mask.

Three young trick or treaters, who I swear are Pelly Sheepwash, Mrs Bancroft and the fragrant Mrs Putter  gone backwards a few times on Ray Bradbury's carousel, beam when I give them some fun-sized Mars Bars and a packet of Maltesers.

And then they go next door, and, by the pricking of my thumbs, I hear a blood-curdling scream.

'Oobee doo, I wanna be like you-oo-oo,' Champagne-Charlie sings from behind the mask. But it is a muffled mix of latex and tone deafness.

The three little maids from school hot foot it up the road, the treats flying in their wake.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. And a fun time was enjoyed by all.....we are preparing for ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween. We haven't had any visitors at this end of the village so it means it's all down to me to finish off the entire pack of fun size crunchie bars purchased just in case anyone should show up wearing halloween masks. Shame ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day