And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time


A Happy New Year to you all!

Here's hoping that 2020 is peaceful, healthy, everything you hope for and full of blue sky bunting.

After twelve happy years, I've decided to give up this blog. I wanted to say a big thanks for all your support.

The World from my Window has opened many doors (and indeed windows) for me during that time, including an appearance on Channel 5's The Gadget Show, and a weekly writing slot on the world's oldest weekly magazine for women, The People's Friend. I love sharing my stories with readers of my Maddie's World column and the People's Friend team are a joy to work with. Long may that continue!

Through this blog, I've had a loyal host of followers from all over the globe, including particular champions in those dozen years. It's a huge boost and very humbling. Thank you.

Since I was a young child, writing has been my thing. I started this blog during a creative writing course with The Open University in 2008. I'll be doing much more writing in future but in a different way.

You can still join me on Instagram as @margerymaddie, on Twitter as @maddiegrigg (although I'm a bit lax with my tweeting) or on Facebook where you can find me as @maddiegrigg.writer

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Congratulations! A tremendous achievement and valued service. Your blog will be greatly missed.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all your support, Jim, over the years.

      Delete
  2. Definitely will miss reading your blog. Best wishes as you move forward with whatever is next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Emily. I'm hoping to be able to shout about what I'm doing next in the not-too-distant future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day