Friends like these

I get home and struggle out of the car with the shopping. The Lidl bags nearly split open with shock when I trip over a large, fluffy rabbit on the doorstep. It's bright eyed and bushy tailed but very dead.

Like me, it's gutted.

Mr Grigg is dispatched to Mr and Mrs Champagne-Charlie's to say thank you, but it wasn't from them. Mr Grigg decides to skin the thing on my beautiful kitchen island and I wince and bristle and then end up shouting when he spills blood on the beech wood surface.

I remove myself from the scene and look at Facebook, where I am brought down to earth by Number One Daughter's status:

I apologised to The Child this morning as Mummy and Daddy had an argument in front of her last night. Her response...'Mum, it's about friendship, love and keeping your trust - you have to be friends.'

Such maturity for a five-year-old.

So I cuddle up to my big bunny, Mr Grigg. But only after the rabbit has been put in a bag in the freezer.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I guess I should be glad that our neighbours aren't particularly friendly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day