The Enchanted Village: the movie

A few months ago, a talented young scriptwriter moved into The Enchanted Village.

'Your blog would make a great film or maybe a TV series,' she said. 

She'd had a few to drink of course - it was Christmas and the Griggs and the Champagne-Charlies were hitting the gin and tonics - but the idea galloped away with her, and with me. I could see myself being feted by celebrity interviewers, hiring a dresser, being on the front cover of the Sunday supplements or maybe even The Marshwood Vale Magazine.

We drew up a fantasy cast list. I became the willowy Joely Richardson and Mr Grigg Ray Winstone. All the other British actors slotted into place. It would be her spring project, the scriptwriter said, as if she didn't have enough to do to while away her time.

And then I made the mistake of telling Mr Grigg, who now insists on saying 'shut it' every five minutes while looking at me with a wide-boy grin.

We've become Ray and Joely and I'm not sure how it's going to all end.

But if you can suggest who might play all the other parts, I'd be very grateful. I'm not sure anyone could play Mr Champagne-Charlie.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I, for one, would MOST interested in this film! I say move forward on this project....post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being on the front of the Marshwood Vale magazine would, in itself, be quite something. The portraits there are always stunning.

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! A Larkrise to Candleford for 2011! Could you find a part as a drab for Kiera Knightly? I'm so tired of seeing her floating around in period dress - make her a skinny bar maid with a really unpleasant boyfriend.
    Just fantasizing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day