The football season ends at Bristol City

There are dads and young sons here with matching haircuts, some nicely styled and graduated and others like cowpats sitting on top of heads. 

I am surrounded by testosterone-charged men and some for whom surging male hormones are but yet a dream, yelling in unison that the referee doesn't know what he's doing.  
I expected the overriding aroma to be one of body odour and the great scent of Lynx. But all I can smell is washing powder on freshly-laundered fan kits.

We're at Ashton Gate for Bristol City's last game of the season. There's a record crowd of 25,404 for this match against Birmingham City. I don't like football but I love the fact that Mr Grigg's team has Drink Up Thy Zider as a theme tune. There are lots of male bonding moments.
Bristol City lose 1-0 but there's a consolation prize later as the home team does a parade around the ground. Mr Grigg buys me a new red hoodie, just to annoy our neighbour, and then we have a couple of pints of cider and a live set by The Wurzels.


Come on you Reds!

That's about it.

Love Maddie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day