After the Oscars drama of La La Land here comes Broadchurch


After the La La Land madness at last night's Oscars ceremony, in which the hit musical movie was given Best Picture award by mistake instead of Moonlight, here in the UK we'll be sitting down tonight to watch our own award-winning drama.

It's the third and final and long-awaited series of BroadchurchIn Dorset, this programme is particularly special, because much of it was filmed at West Bay, with its wonderful layer-cake cliffs.

When the first series of Broadchurch was broadcast on ITV in early 2013, I was away in Greece, having exchanged my life in west Dorset for a year in Corfu.

Writer Chris Chibnall has described the show as his love letter to the area he is proud to call home. And being so far away from my own home, I was desperate to see the programme everyone was talking about.

When I got hold of the DVD box set, I understood. It's not comfortable viewing but it's utterly compelling.

Here's a personal reflection which I wrote about for the Marshwood Vale Magazine.


And along with millions of others, I'll be glued to the television screen on Monday nights for the next eight weeks.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day