Jump up and down and wave your hat or knickers in the air for New Year

It's New Year's Eve, and this year I'm spending it in Lush Places.

Not for me a pomegranate smashed near the door to spread the seeds of good luck on New Year's Day.
I don't think they stock them in our village shop. In any case, last year, back in Corfu, it took us ages to get the stain out.

Tonight, we'll be hanging out in Lush Places, where the Dorset villagers will be dressed in 70s and 80s for a vinyls night in the local pub and we'll be noshing on a bring-something-to-the-table get-together for thirteen, or, as I'd rather call it, twelve and one for luck.

Superstitious? Me? Of course I am.

And then we'll all get together for a few drinks in the pub before spilling out into the Square for Old Lang Syne, random kissing and a game of Let's Stop The Traffic.

Before that, I need to decide what hat to wear tonight after rashly sending out an email saying our theme should be Get Your Head In Gear For The New Year (as mine most certainly should and will be, you mark my words). I got very excited about it but no-one else has replied and it could be just me.

Lucky I didn't call it Get Your Arse In Gear For The New Year, otherwise I might be the only one wearing knickers over my tights.

Although they could end up on my head instead. Because tonight I will be drinking for Dorset and Corfu put together.

It's Dry January tomorrow. Here's to a happy and healthy 2014.

Wish me luck.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Good luck and good fun! And Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't heard of the pomegranate tradition. Nowadays a little more practical than coal even if neighbours object to the mess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day