Be careful what you type into Google

It’s amazing what brings people to a blog. The more people who come here and gaze through my window the better, but only virtual gazing. I couldn’t cope with hundreds of people from all over the world in my bedroom.

The reason for this post is I am currently getting a lot of people arriving here after putting ‘union flag bunting’ into Google. I hope they stay a while and get a feel for what’s happening in England’s rural underbelly when it comes to the Queen’s special celebrations this weekend.
One poor person from Lydney, Gloucestershire, found me by typing in ‘jubilee flags too big on my window next door a real nightmare’. I feel for you, I really do. You should see The Enchanted Village. We have union flags, Bristol City pennants, go-faster chequered bunting for the pram race, the official Diamond Jubilee logo and international symbols flapping all along our western entrance.

Any minute now, the bronze nymph statue in the garden is about to be unveiled, wearing a red, white and blue bikini from Primark.

For some die-hard republicans, it’s all too much. But for others, it signals a great excuse to have a party.

So, while you’re here, please sign up to be a follower of The World from My Window. Mr Grigg has promised me an East to West ride across America if I reach 1,000 followers. Hey, and if you’re that 1,000th follower and you happen to live on that route, I might just call in to see you.

That’s about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I am already a follower, but come and visit anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair. I already follow you!! Start your journey in Boston and I'll wave as you go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's two places to stay at already! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha ye Ye oh ye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day