Shuffling into the new year

And there's me, drawing up a playlist of new year's resolutions to keep me going through 2012 when I suddenly have an epiphany.

Why not just put the soundtrack to my life on shuffle, and see what happens?

The prospect is rather scary. It depends on what's in you in the first place. Because when my iPod is on shuffle, I can get cool new jazz from 4 Hero followed by Ernie, the Fastest Milkman in The West, tracks by The Hives I really should erase, the sublime beauty of The Cinematic Orchestra, Faure and Vaughan Williams, a rousing fanfare from Aaron Copland, drums by Buddy Rich and then Barry White telling me I'm his first, his last, his everything.

And then Elvis saying I should return to the sender.

So, fly by the seat of my pants or be organised? A bit of both, I think. It's always worked in the past. So Happy New Year to all my readers. I did think about jacking in the blog for 2012 but now that would be stupid.

And any suggestions for the musical soundtrack to my new year and yours would be most welcome.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Hi Maddie, Wishing you and Mr Grigg and your family a very Happy New Year, Gay xxx
    p.s Shuffle away, it's fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for 2012 Maddie. This track was very popular in Australia in 2011. I am your age or older, but I quite like it. It might start off looking a bit like a pron video, but it isn't. Like you, I could well have Ernie followed by your Shirley at Glastonbury and then a house track.

    http://youtu.be/8UVNT4wvIGY

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hallelujah Chorus - definitely.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Wishes for a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motown says it best. The Temptations' Ain't Too Proud to Beg is going through my head at this instant.

    I know you wanna leave me,
    But I refuse to let you go
    If I have to beg and plead for your sympathy,
    I don't mind coz' you mean that much to me.

    So, won't you stay, just a little bit longer?

    Your world brightens up ours.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day