Thanks to my mother, I have a pretty good idea who's sitting up there in the branches of my family tree. Up until now, there's been nobody famous, although she discovered I am directly descended from a man who fought in the last battle on English soil, the Monmouth Rebellion, in 1685. I'm rather proud of that, and the fact that he was on the ill-fated Rebel side. It's something I plan to explore further when I have more time. Mr Grigg thinks he has a link to Archie Leach, better known as that suave and most debonair of English-born actors, Cary Grant . He knows this because he found a Leach in his family tree who lived in Bristol, which was where Archie was born. I got very excited and suggested it could be the same family as Archie's. When Mr Grigg has more time, he's going to look into it further. In the meantime, I had nobody famous in my tree and always felt a little bit of a Billy No-Mates. And then, this week, I had a message via my Maddie Gri...
Hi Maddie, Congratulations on your degree. Had to leave you a comment because like you I did my degree through the OU and got a first in 2007. I was ecstatic. Also, like you I went straight into journalism. Well done. I know you must have worked really hard, because I remember I did. X
ReplyDeleteMichelle
Woo Hoo! You have done it, and then some. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI have been away for such a loooong time that to come back to this when I used to read about your struggles with assignments was absolutely brilliant and incredibly well timed of me!!!
ReplyDeleteHaven't read many (any) blogs regularly recently and I am enjoying rediscovering those I had forgotten about it :)
Lovely to be back and to catch up with you comings and going.
A HUGE YAAAY! To your very well earned degree. What a star!
CKxx
Lovely and Congrats again! My husband has been singing Lady Gaga's "I'm on the Edge of Glory," for 3 days now. Shall we trade? I may club him as he sleeps ;)
ReplyDeleteThat was a catchy tune. Congratulatons on your degree. That is a wonderful accomplishment. I should have finished mine. I retired now, but told my Hubs I wanted to take a writing class. He is still harping on finishing. It will never happen, though I don't mind the idea of taking more classes of interest. I really respect you for completing yours with honors!
ReplyDelete