Close encounters with West Bay

Every now and then on the internet, you come across a gem you just want to share.

So let me take you on a journey, on what I think is a fascinating journey, to West Bay, the seaside port for My Kind of Town and the place where Mr Grigg and I will soon be having a boat.


If you have a little time to spare, watch the archive film. It's great. And then listen to the modern-day locals on the audio, telling you what makes West Bay so special.

 

The website is called Close Encounters and I know about it because I was involved in putting some of the material together.

I think you'll like it.

That's about it.

Love Maddie

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this and linking to this fascinating piece of film

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny - I was there just this Sunday. We had a lovely day out in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very interesting. I liked listening to the local people - took me back to my childhood. Many of hte mothers of my friends were war brides, and they must have come from around there because they sound just like Vivienne Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything about the whole Dorset coastline.
    Mind you! I have my 'down days' as well. The last time I was at West Bay they had these 'pile driving' machines banging all day. The following year I went to Lyme R. and, yes you've guessed, diggers and cranes all over the Cob.
    Couldn't get near any sand!
    Some you win (Swanage) and some you loose.
    Cheers.....Bernard
    PS Happy Birthday!
    (I've long forgotten what it was like to be 50! )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day