Bela Lugosi's Dead


I was clearly suffering from the effects of magic mushroom poisoning when I wrote my last post. Pre-exam nerves, I think. My apologies.

I am now tired and emotional after my OU level three film history exam. And the omens didn't look good.

There was a solitary magpie in pouring rain as I walked the dogs this morning. And as I drove past the examination centre in Exeter this afternoon I realised it was where I went the wrong way down a one-way street on my driving test 30 years ago. When I tried to pay the car park machine, I had no change, it rejected my credit cards and I had to go through a painful process of registering my car with NCP through an automated phone system. I was sorely tempted to mug the Big Issue salesman who was sleeping on the concrete floor around the corner.

Inside, I sat at my desk and calmly began to nibble on my chocolate bar, as my tutor had suggested, while I turned over the exam paper and considered the questions. And then the sugar rush. Yes, a question on Titanic, British films of the 50s and 60s and the classic serial.

Wahay. No first class honours on this one, to be sure. But maybe a pass. Please God a pass. If only for my description of Colin Firth in a wet shirt.

Anyway, it's over now, Bela Lugosi's Dead and I left my chic and expensive waterproof hat on the exam table.

That's about it

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Ooh well done you. And why not First Class Honours then?? Glad it went well. And what a good idea - never thought of snacking on chocolate - wish I had known that trick way back then! When are the results?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just back from an afternoon in the dentist's chair, so I had to laugh at your previous post. No chocolate for me, thank you - at least not until the aftereffects of holding my mouth open for two hours have dissipated somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!
    Colin Firth, wet shirt..hhmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image. Shame about your hat. Anyway - hats off to you for sitting through an exam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure it will be at least a pass. Very impressed by you sitting an OU exam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the luck. The sugar rush did it for me too - except it was tic-tacs (for some strange reason).

    Love the photo by the way.

    RMxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does the rabbit have antlers????
    CKx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day