Of sunsets, membrillo, Brexit and Star Wars: November in Dorset

The skies are darkening but there has to be hope on the horizon. There just has to be.

In Dorset as elsewhere, November brings the beautiful sunsets of October along for the ride.


At Portland Bill, the clouds gather around the lighthouse, a beacon in a darkening world. Brexit is breaking apart, which it was always going to do. The only sure thing is that the sun will come up in the morning. Probably.



Away from it all, from the television, radio and social media, there is such gorgeous beauty. I love it.

Down at the Bay, the lights are on to announce the arrival of a new cafe bar, Rise.


It looks very tempting, as does the Bull Hotel courtyard this time of year.


Cut quinces sit like an art installation on my kitchen worktop.


The resulting membrillo from a recipe by my old colleague and friend Liz Crow, the Baking Bird, is just divine.


There's lots going on locally, for those who want it. I shall be booking tickets for this.


I enjoyed Bridport Literary Festival immensely.





And the Bridport Big Band in the Lush Places Village Hall.


In amongst all the chaos, there are reasons to be cheerful. This Sunday, I shall be going to the Royal Albert Hall with Number One Son to see Star Wars: A New Hope live in concert for the first time in the UK.


The Force will be with you. Always.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day