Of Supermoons and mobile phones

Picture: Dave Doe, Flickr
It's not the Supermoon (and a blue one at that) everyone is talking about around these parts today.

No, Supermoons are ten-a-penny. You only have to turn on the telly or tune into the radio to hear that this or that planet can be currently seen in conjunction with Elvis going into the pub for a pint of Palmers Tally Ho! or that Cassiopeia has been spotted, romping hand-in-hand through the meadows with Shergar.

But I like to think that perhaps the magic of the Supermoon has rubbed off on mobile phone coverage in the village. Because I can suddenly get four, wonderful bars inside my thick-walled house. Previously, I had to balance on a chair, breathe in deeply, stand on tiptoes and hold my mobile phone up as high as I could in the corner of the conservatory to get a chance of any signal at all.

This means I can now receive texts at home. Which would account for Arty chasing her tail today - I'd forgotten that my text notification on my mobile was a dog barking. The kitchen sounded like Battersea Dogs Home.


Not only does the moon impact on the tides and women's menstrual cycles, it means my phone now works without the aid of WiFi.

Or it could be to do with the new mobile phone mast up on the hill.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I expect there's a connection. They only put the mast up so the steeplejacks could get closer to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, I do believe you're right. How is life up there in Halifax?

      Delete
  2. Enjoying Halifax greatly. Although, of course, I miss Dorset - and sometimes get excruciating, almost phyical pangs when I think of things which were ordinary then but are inaccessible now - a view across to the cliffs of Purbeck, sea squirts and jelly fish washed up on beaches, blue, blue skies . . . I'm still glad I made the move. It was time for a change - and there are so many camp sites down there it's an easy place to return to for holidays. (Fortunately!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day