In memory of my sister

My sister (in the background) going round in circles with her great-nieces

When Cathie Sings

When Cathie sings – the stars lean down to listen;
The song-birds for a while subdue their lay.
If sad her theme, then eyes with tears will glisten,
But sparkle should her choice of song be gay.

Hers is the power to make our loads seem lighter,
Our sorrows fly away on silken wings;
Our dull, drab world grows happier far, and brighter,
When Cathie sings.

This poem was written by my late grandfather. It's dedicated to my lovely second sister, who died suddenly, three weeks ago. She was the most caring, adventurous and fair person I have ever known.

She is so sadly missed by all the family.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I am so sorry to read this. I don't think we're ever ready to lose a sister. You were lucky to have a caring, adventurous and fair sister in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pondside from Vancouver Island. The family is still in shock but she touched so many of us. We have much to be thankful for and some lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. May you be comforted by beautiful memories and the love of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special she must have been.The poem is beautiful. My sincere condolences on this painful loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day