Blogging: where do I go from here?

Please forgive me. I haven't blogged in over a month and it's all my fault. I can't see the wood for the trees.

I've reached a bit of a crossroads with The World from my Window and I'm not sure which direction to take.

I'm back from Corfu now, having been in Dorset for a few weeks and hurtling headlong into work and Lush Places life. I have to go up to the village hall in a minute to warm up some pizzas for the cast of The Ballad of Martha Brown before going up again later on to take the money on the door.

I'm way behind on updating the village website, I've got a TEFL course to finish before the end of February and I'm looking for a publisher for Good Morning Corfu: A Year on a Greek Island.

I also need to think about completing my Masters' dissertation next year. Stupidly, I've registered for NaNoWriMo again this year, about which I'll be writing on The Lady Shed website next week.

So, what with that and the day job, I've got lots to be getting on with. And that's my choice. I just need to sit down and think where I go from here.

Part of what I do (it doesn't seem like a job, exactly, as I enjoy it too much) is a weekly column for The People's Friend magazine. And it's here that I relate a lot of tales of everyday life, which used to feature on this blog and formed the basis for my novella, A Year in Lush Places.

Now I realise a lot of my blog readers don't necessarily read The People's Friend but I don't want to repeat myself. I'm also one of three writers for The Lady Shed website and my posts can be about whatever grabs me that week, apart from when all three of us write once a month on the same topic.

So what to write about on The World from my Window? At the moment, I'm thinking of anything about Dorset or any part of the country or world where I might be looking out of the window. Or should I just close the window altogether?

Any ideas? Your thoughts - if I still have any blog readers left - would be most welcome.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x


Comments

  1. Maybe close the window temporarily? You're so busy. The blog will still be there waiting when you have some time. I've been finding it hard to come up with new stuff on mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day