Down came the rain in Corfu

It's been hotter than a hot thing in August since we arrived in Corfu.

I don't like moaning but it's been too hot. Some of the time, there's just been no air. The pressure's been closing in on my head. It felt like a balloon in a vice. I didn't like it.

Then yesterday morning, as the sun came up over the olive groves, you couldn't see the sky, just the outlines of cypress trees on the horizon.
Storm clouds were gathering.
We had a quick frappe in an empty plateia while Arty gave the local cat population a good talking to.
Two friends didn't have much to say to her though when we came home.
Arty could tell there was something in the air.
And then it came.
That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. We left on 29th July and found it too hot for comfort. I've been trying to find some historical temperature data for Corfu.Any ideas? See
    http://corfublues.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/greece-temperature-data-for-athens-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Jim, but I will see if I can find someone who can. Still as hot as anything again today. We have another storm this afternoon but I am not sure it is enough.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day