The stunning Dorset scenery at Bluebell Hill

Far, far, far from Dorset's madding crowd is Bluebell Hill.
The views from up here are stunning. 
Nature provides the most beautiful frames.
They're everywhere you look.
Inside the wood, the boughs of the beech trees, with their newly-emerged leaves, sway ever-so-gently, casting rippling shadows in the undergrowth.
 
These are old woods.

And down at our feet, the bluebells are in full battle cry.
  They march across the clearings, finding a foothold where they can.
We're passed by a young mother with two small girls who are still in school uniform. They've been collected from the playground and whisked up to Bluebell Hill while the flowers are at their best.

A panting, black Labrador shoots by and our dog, Arty, chases after him.

And then she's back, pounding along the pathway and enjoying the spring in her step.
It's at times like these that I am so glad I made the decision to work for myself and be based at home.

Home: a very special place. Lush, in fact.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Lush indeed. My favourite time of year and a very special place to celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was below Hardy's Monument last week and even some of the open ground there was very blue-belly. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where abouts in Dorset is this. I'm local and I'm sure I've been here before when I was younger but can't remember name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Lewesdon Hill, Imii, the highest point in Dorset.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day