Maddie in Wonderland

It's been ages since I've written a blog post, and I apologise for that

There's been lots going on in Lush Places and lots going on in my life. All good things, I hasten to add, but sometimes real life takes over.

There's been new work on the horizon, which I've grabbed with open arms because I need the money and the human interaction. There's been collaborative writing in The Lady Shed, with my latest post about the Greek elections here. I've signed up for a TEFL course after being inspired by those wonderful children in Peru.
Whether I'll ever use the qualification I don't know, but at least I'll have it.

I'm going to revisit my masters in classics and ancient history with The Open University later this year and I'm going to be writing and publishing more things Greek. I've missed Corfu these last few months.

And I'm singing again. Laaaaaaa!

Some doors are closing, others are opening.

Open me, open me, close me, close me. Eat me, eat me, drink me, drink me.

I feel a bit like Alice in Wonderland (to be honest, I always feel like Alice in Wonderland. It dates back to the day when I was seven and my mother put me in the village fete fancy dress competition as an Arthur Rackham illustration).
Anyway, I have some other news to share with you soon. I'm genuinely exhilarated by it. It's something the blogger A Brit in Tennessee predicted years ago. And now it's finally about to happen.

I'll keep you posted.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Happy for you that so many things you're interested in are coming together in ways you couldn't expect!

    I've enjoyed the lovely pictures, kindest of words and blog posts, and beautiful music on A Brit in TN's blog for years. It's always a refreshing treat to visit there.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara. I do feel like a good fairy is sitting on my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew your talents would take you to far corners of the world, and back to your enchanting little village in Dorset.
    Congratulations, you most truly see life through the "Looking Glass" and it's a wonderful ride ;)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. You were obviously gazing through the looking glass!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day