Do you believe in magic?

On the longest day, we returned to the fairy woods.
We scuttled around, children shrieking as they opened the doors at the foot of tree trunks to find little things for little people.
 
 
 
 
 
Since our last visit a couple of years ago, a few of the doors are in need of a bit of tender, loving care.

But there are new additions springing up all the time in the enchanted forest, which is a ten-minute drive from Lush Places.

We even saw a fairy homestead complete with swings, slide and a tea set.
It was called Fairytopia.
 
You just have to believe.
And, having had this picture on the wall of the bedroom I shared with my sister, I can tell you I do.
It's called Do You Believe in Fairies and it's by Margaret W Tarrant.

Our magical day began in our own enchanted village with a walk up towards Bluebell Hill.
And then, my Midsummer's Eve grandchild and I called in at Bridport on a friend who was launching a children's book written by her late daughter, a folk singer, artist and good person, who died tragically about this time of year in 1994.
The books sold out.

After our walk around the woods and the children snuggled down to bed, Mr Grigg and I took turns to slip in to the pub for the open mic night.
And then the longest day ended with this sunset captured on camera from the pub doorway.
Longest day?

Perfect day.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day