New book! New book! The muse has been busy.

This past year in Corfu, I've had the time and discipline to get on with various writing projects which have been languishing around for far too long.

And those characters who have lain abandoned like the toys in Toy Story, with bits of things missing, back story only sketched, motivation and desires just outlined, have at last taken on a life of their own.

Earlier this year, I was able to bring out my novella, A Year in Lush Places, a light-hearted, affectionate look at English country life based on an election year's worth of blogging from Dorset. Sales are going well and the reviews on Amazon have been lovely, thank you.
And now there's A Town Like This, a comic romp inspired by my early days as a local newspaper in small towns in Devon and Dorset.
Likened by one reviewer to Porterhouse Blue in places, the novel is being launched alongside two other debuts by West Dorset writers.
You can read more about that on The Bridport Press website, where you'll also see Q&As with the three of us.

At the moment, I'm practising my signature in readiness for a launch party next week and a signing at Waterstones, Bridport, between 10am and noon this Saturday, 23 November.

It's all go here. I'll be glad to get back to Corfu for a rest. Oh, I forgot, I've got to get my first draft up together of Kalimera Kerkyra: A Year on a Greek Island as part of NaNoWriMo.

Better get my skates on. Ah, that sounds like a cue for my favourite chase sequence of all time.
That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day