Find Maddie Grigg on Facebook

Back in Corfu, I'm working on a number of creative projects.

There's A Year in Lush Places, a 'faction' of the year 2010 and all my favourite characters. I'm putting the finishing touches to this because, a long time ago, a blogger called Dave Pie and Mash, along with a few others, told me I should.
I haven't heard from him since.

So a blog shout to Dave: I'm doing this for you!

Then there is my ongoing diary, Kalimera Kerkyra, about our grown-up gap year in Corfu. This will be out as a novel some time next year.

I'm also dusting off the first novel I wrote but never published. It's inspired by my days as a young newspaper reporter in My Kind of Town in the 1980s. I've persuaded two other creative types whose debut novels set in the same place remained, like mine, festering in a drawer, to bring theirs out at the same time. The three together will be the Bridport Trilogy. It might not win the Booker or even the Bridport Prize but I reckon it will be fun.
Picture by Tim Russ
There are also some other things in the pipeline, including this:
Picture by John Goode, Flickr
So watch this space. If I were Spike Milligan I'd be in my manic phase.

In the meantime, you can find me on Facebook for some irreverent and irrelevant nonsense. Just click on the symbol in the right hand column.

I'd love to see you there.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I can see that you have switched into overdrive. Press on - it all sounds very productive/exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly awaiting the Bridport and Kerkyra books.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too miss Dave's voice. How nice to hear his influence upon you. Write-On!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day