Something nasty in the middle field

This village gets weirder by the minute. 

Not content with scaring the granddaughter by letting her watch the witch scene from Snow White just before bedtime and then act surprised when she has a nightmare, Mr Grigg takes me on an afternoon stroll up to Bluebell Hill.


 I gaze out over the gate at the lush views beyond.


I look out across the maize, which is shining in the sun.

And then I turn around again. I'm in the film Donnie Darko.




Don't ask.

The only consolation is that little grandchildren legs could never have climbed this far. I won't sleep for weeks.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. That was creepy! Is it a prank, or is it someone's Scarecrow, just waiting to go into a field?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day