Some sad news for Good Friday

It's Good Friday, a day to be sombre before Easter Sunday jumps out at us in all its glory.

We're in the Enchanted Village hall, selling hot cross buns and coffee to raise fund for our jubilee celebrations in June. In come the church choir, fresh from a church service, processing slowly and with sadness on their faces.

It had to happen. We'd gotten away with it for far too long.

Thieves have just stripped the lead off the church roof.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. no!!! the bastards. As I get older I get crosser about small selfishnesses which affect wider groups. May they drop it on their collective toe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so shocking. The Enchanted Village sounds so blissful - the last place you'd expect thieves to nick lead off the church roof. Dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - that is too awful. Lead and copper theft are a problem here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbelievable. I'm sorry to hear that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day