Normal service is now resumed

And so I'm back. From outer space. I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face...

You should have changed that stupid lock, you should have made me leave my key, if you'd known for just one second I'd be back to bother thee... 

It's been two weeks since I've blogged - two long weeks - and I've missed you, I really have. Whether you've even noticed I'd gone is another matter. I'm sorry about that Darzet version of I Will Survive, but I needed to make an entrance just to see if you were still awake.

I have been up to my neck in stupid essays for this stupid MA. The one in stupid classics and ancient stupid history I thought I'd do because I love Greek mythology and poncing around the stupid Ionian a couple of times a stupid year. Talk about jumping in without thinking. Stupid.

I'm a skimmer, a scratcher-of-the-surface so it's been a struggle, combing the day job and such intense study in such a short time. One of my lecturers - an arrogant, cold fish - makes me feel about six years old. And then there's another, who is so warm, enthusiastic and lovely I just want to hug her because she inspires me and makes me feel I can do it. You can guess which one I've got supervising my dissertation. Story of my life. Still, determination and blundering on are my middle names. Oh, and stupidity.

Anyway, since I've been gone, Tuppence's bin has turned up - whisked away by Pelly who thought it was Tuppence's neighbour's, who thought it was the builder's. Thank God for the blog is all I can say. That bin might still have been at the neighbour's back door if she hadn't read it here.

There has so been so much more going on - bet you can't contain your excitement, can you? I'll try to be a good girl from now on and not leave you with such big gaps for your imagination to run riot.

In the meantime, Mr Grigg has gone out in double denim to play skittles with the lads. I will leave you with this little number, sung by an old friend who we haven't seen for years. 



That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Chin up old girl - never let it get you down and just do what you know you can do. After all, there's always a glass of something at the end of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Maddie, we know you're working hard and we will wait patiently, you're always worth it! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day