Happy Valentine's Day

There is a milky sunrise this morning and a heart-shaped hole in the clouds where the sun should be.

Looking out across the horizon to our own twin peaks and Dorset's highest points, I am sure I can see Bluebell Hill blowing kisses to that lofty and normally aloof Flat-Top Pen. It's Valentine's Day and even the landscape is loved up.

Back at home, Mr Grigg looks at me admiringly.

'You look very smart,' he says.

'Not too smart though?' I say, peering down at my White Stuff skirt, Monsoon cardigan from the charity shop and a pair of cut-price, brown suede Clarks boots, complete with high wedges and zipped up to my knees.

'No,' he says. 'And you've got those boots on. I like those boots. They're like the sort of boots you might see naughty ladies wearing.'

I pull the spectacles down from the top of my head and put them on, looking at him in a very stern Grigg way.

'And I just love you in those glasses.'

It's too much. I head for work, thinking about our evening in, with a £20 Marks and Spencer special Valentine's Day meal and then curled up by the fire watching Sleepless in Seattle.

We know how to live.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. This sounds like a lovely Valentine Day. We will sped it with both the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic movie. Sounds lovely and perfect.

    Happy Valentine's Day~

    xxoo
    Christine
    @thatgalkiki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day