Only fools, horses and Mr Grigg

So it's Mr Grigg's Big Birthday. He walks into the office to find his desk covered in balloons, cards, presents and a big Happy 60th banner.

He is overwhelmed by the surprise, which includes a large box from The Bristol Cider Shop, full of bottles, a polypin and rather nice looking chutney.

A little later he goes to the gents and comes back to find two young women dressed as police officers in his office.

He sits in his chair, leans forward and rubs his hands together and says: 'OK. So get on with it then.'

His secretary, behind them, shakes her head and waves her arms. Very slowly and with exaggerated mouthing, she mimes: 'No, they really are police officers.'

Sometimes I think I am married to Del Boy Trotter.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x





Comments

  1. So, did they take him away in handcuffs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA HA!!! Poor Mr. Griggs. Embarrassed AND disappointed. Please wish him a happy day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was he able to make bail?....or did they give a seniors' discount?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how is the Birthday Boy today after having mistaken two WPC's as being a pair of Stripograms !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maddie that's too funny! I just don't get here often enough and it's always a treat when I do, which is why I had you top of mind when I needed to pass on an ward - this blog is definitely irresistibly sweet! Hope the award brings you even more readers, you can check it out on my blog - oh and a very happy birthday to Mr Griggs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day