Something to celebrate

I am sitting here, sipping champagne as Mr Grigg does some DIY in the garage just before the sun goes down.

Forgive the decadence, but if you read my last post, you'll understand why I'm celebrating. Not only did my knitting Land Girl colleague and I win the best exhibition stand, we also had a visit from a certain former MP.

Yay! Here he is trying to put the country's economic woes to rights by having a go on the roll-a-penny, which my dear old aunt made before decimalisation.

From those dizzy heights, it was off to Maiden Castle, near Dorchester, where the grandchildren, Mr Grigg and I played Ancient Romans.




'Not sure you did very much,' Mr Grigg said, weary after all that marching.

'I had a very important job,' I said. 'I was giving out the orders. My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius.'

And today, as the sun beat down on our backs, they were under starters orders for the annual point-to-point races just a hop, skip and a trot away from The Enchanted Village.


The horses were so well dressed, they were all wearing Boden.

And with my hosts, Mr and Mrs Champagne-Charlie, there was only one thing we could possibly put in our glasses.


So there we are, back to the beginning.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Another lovely post. I want to pack my bags and come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to always play Ancient Romans at Maiden Castle, either that or go on a ghost hunt!
    I can't believe the horses were dressed in Boden! Only in Dorset.
    Thank you, once again, for bringing back happy memories of home. Glad you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you snatch that photo from a Country Life site? It's too, too perfect. Of course I'm envious of anything involving champagne and goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day