Home is where the heart is

As my resourceful Odysseus - Mr Grigg to you and me - makes sure our boat is watertight,  I am longing to be home.

I am in the Ionian - see here - and the rain is pouring down like a patio water-feature set on high-speed. We have had thunder and lightning so loud and bright it could have been Zeus sending us a message from on high.

We have family who need us back home and I am desperately missing The Enchanted Village and all its comings and goings.

Even in paradise, things are not always as they seem.

'There is only one place to be when the weather is like this,' I say to Mr Grigg.

'Where's that?' he says, writing his daily log boat in the shelter of the cabin.

'Home.'

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. How sad. You are away from home and all you want to be is back home. Sad, yes. Just like me, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With weather like that, I'm not surprised you're missing home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As glorious as the Greek islands sound - all that sun and blue sky - like anywhere else, they only offer misery in the rain. Big sympathy from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to go home soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...no. we've not had that much rain!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day