The circle of life - new beginnings

I've been up half the night stroking my new baby.


After a very delicate procedure, the island unit was safely delivered in the kitchen, thanks to Mr Grigg, Mr Sheepwash and Nobby Odd-Job, in a scene that could well have starred Bernard Cribbins and Eric Sykes.

I have been unable to stop looking at it, touching it and admiring it. It's far too good to use.

In the meantime, if you hop across to my new blog Manor from Heaven, you'll see I haven't been totally idle.

Here in The Enchanted Village, the circle of life continues. It's that time of year again.


It reminds me that what goes around, comes around, as the street I parked next to in Bristol shows.


That's about it

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Yes, it's beautiful. Give it a stroke from me too! *sigh* Island envy. (And Aga envy too. *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Brit in Tennessee* wrote:
    That's the latest design craze everything oversized and huge.
    Had to laugh at the little people, you are correct, it does look like that, albeit a lovely shipping container ;)
    Give it a go....you'll love it.

    *Sorry, Maddie deleted original comment by mistake. Rushing hormones after difficult birth...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new "baby"! It's beautiful! Is there to be a formal christening? :)

    Love the signs too. Only in England...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you EVER get Bernard Cribbins and Eric Sykes in the same room, in West Dorset, please, please, please invite me!

    More kitchen envy going on here too - oh for a kitchen big enough for an island.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verrrry nice. Think it would look very good with a nice bottle of something on it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea whatsoever who those men are, but I love the island - just wait for your first party - the island will be the star!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day