Toilet humour

The new girl is settling in at last. But the council offices still feel like the Death Star. I expect to see Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader having a fight over the central staircase at any minute. I keep having these visions of black-suited corporate types turning into stormtroopers.
Two things made me smile:
One, a male colleague went to the loo and saw a chap rather ungainly drying the crotch of his trousers with the hand drier. A quick explanation apparently followed, but the suspicion is perhaps this is how this man gets his kicks.
Two, an illicit mobile phone conversation going on in the loo cubicle next to me. The lady was trying to be all lovey-dovey. And then I pulled the flush and her secret location was revealed.
Toilet humour, you can't beat it.
Meanwhile, back in the rural idyll, the Aga has gone out again - blown out by the wind - and Mr Grigg has been asked to read a lesson at the carol service. He is highly honoured, although I got in first last year. It all went well until I reached the point where I had to say 'I am a virgin'. I could see several of my neighbours doubled up with laughter in the pews and then I promptly lost my place.
The house is cold but the sky is bright and a weekend with friends, a ball and Christmas shopping beckons.
That's about it
Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. A ball, how fabulous Mrs Grigg! Do post a photo or two on Facebook. Here in the dreary city, a 'pub' quiz in a draughty scout hut is all I can proffer in return!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day