The enchanted wood

Once upon a time, a long time ago, I was a child in a meadow with a woodland circle of beech trees around me. And there was clover growing in the field. Three leaf, four leaf and six leaf. A magical spot.

I went back to those woods today, with my Midsummer's Eve grandchild and friend Pelly Sheepwash.

And this is what we found.








And behind each door, there were little offerings. Pine cones, bits of shell, toy figures, notepad and pen and tinsel.

What a lovely idea.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. The Fairies seem to have moved into your enchanted circle of Beech. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were mushrooms in Fairy Circles in Bluebell Woods when I was a child. I would not have been surprised at all to see little doors like these. Bravo to whomever did this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairies, imps, elves....they've been busy in the woods. I imagine that it must have been very exciting for your granddaughter - she'll never forget the magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this.. pure magic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enchanting, indeed!

    Ta for taking us with you to such a charming place.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tiny doors! When my girls were little they would make fairy houses all through the woods behind our home and in our yard...leaving flowers, water, and acorns for the fairies and any forest creatures who might happen by. This just takes me back to those days that seem like a blink of an eye in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun .. over from Hilary's to say well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you see Moonface??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day