For one night only...

So there we were, rocking all over The Enchanted Village Hall to five vicars singing I want to be break free by Queen.

With a flick of a wrist, their dog collars were off, discarded for the evening as a collection of grey heads and people the wrong side of 50 whooped and hollered.


Earlier my neighbour, Mrs Champagne-Charlie, muttered that it all seemed a bit like community singing at an old folks’ home and then guffawed when she saw my attire and prodded her husband with her elbow.

‘Oh,’ Mr Champagne-Charlie said, doing the mashed potato to I'm a believer. ‘Where on earth did you get those?’


‘You can cut your sarcasm,’ I said. ‘You’re hardly in a position to mock, with your toff’s trousers the colour of calf scour. This, dear neighbour, is the rock chick look.’

Because Mrs Bancroft had arranged for Dogs Without Collars – five Dorset clergymen – to appear for one night only in aid of the three parish churches.

And my job was to look after them.

‘Sorry,’ I said, when asked to help on the bar, ‘I’m with the band.’

Once a groupie, always a groupie.

So I rocked on through the night, brought firmly to heel by Mr Grigg for the last dance.

And do you know, I even won first prize in the raffle.

That’s about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Those legs!!! Did you have to fight off the band members?
    More proof that your village isn't what it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As nice as your boots are, it is a pity they hide from what appears at the thigh as a pair of shapely legs :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day