Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

Just close to Halloween, the time of year when the threshold between our world and the next is oh-so- thin, there is a new addition to the Lush Places square.
In between the plaque for the children's play area, in memory of two Bernards who were killed in two World Wars, the sign announcing and sponsoring the village fireworks, the notice campaigning for a 20mph limit through the village and a board pointing to the community shop, a circular mirror has appeared.
It's been installed to help motorists easing out of the junction, which, at times, can seem like the starting grid for Wacky Races.
I swear I've just seen the Creepy Coupe with the Gruesome Twosome just heading the wrong way up the one-way street.

Everybody is talking about the new mirror (conversation can be limited in these parts). It's large, it's orange and it's even more clutter in the middle of the village.

But it works. You can see what's coming when previously you couldn't.

Not that it's a clairvoyant mirror or anything. And I can't see into another other world through the looking glass (give it time, it has magic powers for sure, being on the site of an ancient sarsen stone which is reputed to have once stood here, where the ley lines cross on a five-pointed crossroads. That's not passed me by, believe me, or the fact we have a shop in Lush Places selling crystals . Anyway, that's another story).

But I can now see what's happening down the road without leaving the comfort of my own home.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day