The wonderful flora and fauna of Corfu

Corfu is an island known for its diverse flora and fauna.

It's where the young naturalist Gerald Durrell learned his trade. He wrote about it in the Corfu Trilogy, the most famous book of which is My Family and Other Animals.

This rich diversity is everywhere you look. You just need to keep your ears and eyes open. One person who does this all the time is photographer Giannis Gasteratos, who has given me permission to reproduce his pictures on my blog.  This is Giannis:
And these are some of his photos:
Hoopoe
European pond terrapins

Balkan wall lizard
Common cuckoo
Iris pseudachorus
Male western marsh harrier
Northern wheatears
Orchid meadow
Pheasant
Poppies
Ruff
Short-toed snake eagle
Yellow wagtail
Flamingoes
Agile frog
Common shelducks
He doesn't have a website but Giannis, an ornithologist, posts from time to time in the Corfu's Flora and Fauna Facebook group.

I want this one for my wall.
Asphodel meadow
Stunning.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

PS Technical details: Giannis uses a Canon Eos 7D camera, usually with the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens or the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS II

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day