The swallows are on their way...

A little bird tells me that swallows have been seen in Corfu.

Deep joy. I love swallows, house martins and swifts. Always so happy, chatty and having lots of fun.

Last year they gave us hours of  entertainment.
It'll be a while before they're up here in Agios Magikades.

But at least the rain's stopped and there's blue sky above the mountains.
It's still cold but the washing is billowing and we've been able to get on with work around the garden.

The vine's been pruned and the trimmings put back for barbecues in the summer.
And Mr Grigg was last seen heading off with our neighbour in his truck to work in the olive groves. It's all go here.

Tonight there'll be a coffee in the kafenion before heading back home for Odysseus on Greek TV. With Armand Assante and Greta Scacchi, it's not exactly the poetry of Homer but it'll do for me.
So, with the weather improving here in Corfu and a mini-heatwave predicted for the UK this weekend, things are looking up.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. It looks lovely. I can imagine you joy and anticipation of the swallows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They set my soul soaring, Hilary. I love them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day