Home again, home again jiggety jig

Back in Blighty after a bit of a staggered journey - a stopover in Athens and then again in Watford - and the arrival of Number One Daughter's Number Three Daughter in Dorset.

We were delayed by fog in Corfu and then worried about snow grinding everything to a halt in the UK. But we made it.

We got here just in time to welcome Baby Ella (Number Three) and do the school run for Number One and then engage in battle with Number Two, whose favourite word is 'no', said very loudly.

Nothing, said one of my friends, stops a mother on a mission. And by Zeus, was I on a mission. To be here and to be helpful. And, for once, I was.

Since then, we've been stuck on snow in the dark on the A35 at the aptly-named Three Sisters, west of Dorchester, as we headed back after a hospital visit. And then, a few days later, we battled flood water and faced three diversions in the space of thirty minutes.

And bloody Champagne-Charlie, our Lush Places friend and neighbour with whom we are currently staying, has called me the wrong name every time he bloody looks at me. How quickly I've been forgotten. We've only been away for four months.

Anyway, I will wax lyrical about Dorset and Corfu in due course. But for now, this is me, a proud granny, checking out.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Welcome home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - on the expanding family on getting there on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandchildren are a wonderful thing. Congratulations to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day