A region in mourning

So much to write about, so much to say. But the inclination is not there. Not at the moment.

We are a region in mourning after Friday evening's terrible pile-up on the motorway near Taunton, which claimed seven lives in a fireball and left many more injured.

It is a junction people around here know very well. It's our pathway to Bristol and beyond. We know the rugby club, too, next door, where it is now being suggested that thick black smoke from a fireworks display descended without warning, blinding drivers and causing this dreadful crash.

But we don't know what really happened, it is all speculation. We only know that it is terrible and, with the speed that some people drive at, barely leaving enough stopping space between them and the vehicle in front, we are surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Our thoughts go out to all those affected by this horrible, horrible accident.

More from me later in the week, when I will describe Mr Grigg's journey through Beaminster in a cattle truck and our hopes about who might be among the people carrying next year's Olympic flame.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. I remember that M road from years ago & on Saturday morning felt the grief that mingled with shock and awe.
    Often I would use junction 24 when coming down from S.Wales to enter Glastonbury from the south or to join the m5 to forge my way to Pembroke and catch the boat home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrible. It is sad that it takes something like this to possibly fix dangerous intersections. Every area of the country has one. I am catching up and decided to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how shocking and sad. I'm sorry for your heartache and the horrific loss of so many lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day