And so a new journey begins...


The fantastic voyage is over, for the moment. But now a new journey begins.

Here in The Enchanted Village, there is a watercolour tinge to the air and the artist has smudged a bit of paint where the horizon meets the sky. There are rooks and pigeons everywhere, trees laden with sloes and squelchy ground underfoot.

The square is quiet now that the shop has closed for good. And my hanging baskets have gone mouldy from all that rain.

Bu the dream of Greece is not forgotten. In just over a week's time, I will be flinging a school bag over my shoulder and heading for a year of postgraduate study of Hellenistic culture, with a bit of magic, witchcraft and ghosts in the ancient world thrown in.

I'm off to do a masters degree in classics and ancient history at the University of Exeter. I'm terrified and excited. Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye.

I'll keep you posted. But in the meantime, have a look at some of the holiday snaps on my other blog, The World from My Porthole.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Oh good for you. Life is just one big adventure after another. Best of luck, Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how exciting !
    I wish you the best of luck, and hope you'll throw us a fish every once in awhile and let us know how you are keeping !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it!! I wish you all the best of the experience - can't wait to read the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey! You're overtaking "the graduates". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day