I see the moon

In the dawn, a full moon - lit from inside like a giant paper lampshade sphere - hovers for a while as it heads down in the western sky.

It is reluctant to go, as if it wants to enjoy the frosty morning and bright day ahead. Its man-in-the-moon face looks cheerful rather than its usual mournful self. It's not ready for bed.

I see the moon, the moon sees me
God bless the moon and God bless me
God let the light that shines on me
Shine on the one I love

But the patriarch sun is playing catch-up in the east and begins its ten-hour arc over Bluebell Hill and Flat-Top Pen, just as it has done for thousands and millions of years. Venus gives a final twinkle before retiring for the day.

In The Enchanted Village, all is quiet. A single crow sits on one of the metal stays supporting the weather vane on the church tower. A cockerel crows and cars drive slowly by along icy roads on their way to work.

That's about it.

Love Maddie x

Comments

  1. Lovely Maddie - draws a fantastic picture! I wish I was so poetic. Had a really 'weird feeling' all day yesterday - I think it may have been the influence of the full moon! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucylastic is right....it draws a wonderful picture in what's left of my mind, Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely word picture you've drawn! The very same moon lit up our garden so The Enchanted Village must be very close? Or not!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "That's about it" Who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess my dog and the moon were thinking along the same lines. She howled last night. By the way, your writing is positively awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The full moon was so beautiful last week wasn't it? Wha a beautiful way to commemorate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I see the moon, the moon sees me"

    I love that little poem -- and the vision you just created in my mind. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And it's goodnight from me - I'm closing The World From My Window for the last time

Batten down those hatches, it's recycling day